There are few places in the world that are more suitable for a romantic escape than the islands of Tahiti in French Polynesia. Whether you are going on a honeymoon, an anniversary trip, or just want to enjoy a romantic vacation with your significant other, you will find plenty of love in the air during a Tahiti holiday.
At Spacifica Travel, we love helping couples plan and book a Tahiti holiday package that meets all their needs for a memorable romantic getaway. From stunning sunset cruises to resorts overlooking the majestic Pacific Ocean, feel free to use these expert insights to put together the perfect itinerary.
Romantic Activities in French Polynesia
Whether you’re staying at Tahiti, Bora Bora, Mo’orea, or any of the outer islands, there are plenty of romantic activities to keep you and your partner occupied during your time in French Polynesia.
Bora Bora Sunset Cruise
One of the most stunning experiences in all of the South Pacific is a sunset cruise around the lagoons of Bora Bora. This group of islands is already a spectacular sight, but seeing it under the setting sun, on the water, while enjoying a meal and some drinks with your loved one is nothing short of magical. There are plenty of sunset cruises that operate around Bora Bora, so if you find yourself in this part of the world with your partner, you owe it to both of you to book yourself a spot.
Bora Bora Black Pearl Diving
If you are looking to create memories that will last a lifetime during your romantic escape in French Polynesia, then you absolutely must go black pearl diving with your partner in Bora Bora. By going on a guided diving tour off the shores of Bora Bora, you can collect an oyster and hope it contains a gorgeous black pearl that can be valued up to $2000.
Of course, if you don’t feel like selling your find, then it will make for a fantastic piece of memorabilia to always remember your romantic Bora Bora holiday by. Most black pearl farms also sell jewellery made from these little miracles of nature, so you could always bring home a piece of Tahiti for you and your significant other.
Picnic on the Beach
It’s a staple of romance, but there’s something extra special about enjoying a beach picnic on one of the islands of Tahiti. With their golden sands and crystal clear waters, it’s easy to get lost in the atmosphere of these breathtaking beaches. And when paired with some local cuisine, drinks, and, of course, your partner, you're bound to create a memory that will stay with you long after your Bora Bora honeymoon or romantic getaway ends.
Romantic Accommodation in French Polynesia
When it comes to accommodation in the islands of Tahiti, there is absolutely no shortage of stunning locations to choose from. Many resorts, particularly those on Bora Bora, have the option of overwater bungalows to stay in. These incredible rooms not only represent traditional Polynesian culture, but situate you and your partner right over the breathtaking lagoons of Bora Bora.
While you can’t go wrong with any accommodation in French Polynesia, here are some of our favourites that make for wonderful romantic escapes:
- InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort - an intimate resort located on Bora Bora’s main island.
- Conrad Bora Bora Nui - nestled in a private cove, this luxury overwater hideaway is ideal for couples looking to carve out their own little slice of paradise.
- Le Bora Bora by Pearl Resorts - dripping in romance and authentic Poylesian lifestyle and hospitality.
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort - distinguished, opulent, and surrounded by some of the best sights in the South Pacific.
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea - a traditional Polynesian village-style resort.
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa - the only 5-star resort on the island, boasting luxurious rooms including overwater bungalows.
- Sofitel Kia Ora Moorea Beach Resort - a stunning beachside hotel that is ideal for couples.
- Hilton Hotel Tahiti - a slice of paradise with views overlooking the island of Mo’orea.
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa - featuring the only overwater bungalows in Papeete, this romantic resort is the perfect place to start your Tahitian holiday.
Travel to the Islands of Tahiti with Spacifica Travel
Spacifica Travel are here to help you and your partner pull off a romantic escape to French Polynesia that you will never forget. Our Tahiti holiday packages and Bora Bora honeymoon deals are designed to provide couples with a getaway that showcases all the magic that these islands have to offer.
If you have any questions, contact us today!
Photos courtesy of Le Bora Bora by Pearl Resorts & Hilton Mooreacomments powered by Disqus