So you have paid off your holiday, your leave is booked, the pet-sitter is locked in, your travel companions are ready and you couldn’t be more excited! But you haven’t been on holiday in too long and you’ve forgotten what you need to pack (aside from swimmers!).
No problem! We got you.
The team at Spacifica Travel have mastered the art of the sunny beach holiday in the South Pacific and these are all the things we make sure to pack every time.
Whether it be a holiday in Fiji, The Cook Islands, Tahiti or Samoa, we learnt the hard way what to pack so that you don’t have to.
Top 10 things you need to pack
- Sun protection: The South Pacific is known for its sunny and warm weather, so it's essential to pack sun protection items such as sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, and lightweight clothing that covers your skin. The sun can be intense in the South Pacific, so it's crucial to protect yourself from harmful UV rays.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes and other insects can be a nuisance in the South Pacific, so it's a good idea to pack insect repellent to avoid bites and possible diseases.
- Waterproof gear: If you plan to explore the beautiful waters of the South Pacific, consider packing waterproof gear such as swimsuits, water shoes, and a dry bag to protect your belongings from water damage.
- Comfortable footwear: The South Pacific offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, beachcombing, and exploring local towns. It's important to pack comfortable footwear, such as sneakers or hiking shoes, to make the most of your trip.
- Travel adapter: The South Pacific uses different electrical outlets like many other parts of the world. Be sure to research which sort of electrical ports the country you’re heading to uses and pack a travel adapter to ensure you can charge your electronic devices and stay connected during your trip.
- Reusable water bottle: It's essential to stay hydrated in the South Pacific's warm climate, and packing a reusable water bottle is an eco-friendly and cost-effective way to do so.
- Camera: The South Pacific is home to some of the most beautiful beaches, landscapes, and marine life in the world, so don't forget to pack your camera to capture these incredible moments.
- First aid kit: It's always a good idea to pack a basic first aid kit with essentials such as band-aids, antiseptic, and pain relievers, in case of minor injuries or illnesses.
- Medications: If you take any medications, be sure to bring enough for your entire trip, along with a copy of your prescriptions.
- Local currency: While many South Pacific destinations accept credit cards, it's always a good idea to have some local currency on hand for small purchases or in case of emergencies.
Other things to consider
Travel Insurance! Purchasing comprehensive travel insurance is highly recommended for all holidays, not just to the South Pacific. It gives peace of mind when travelling to other countries, in case something happens to you, your luggage, your rental car etc. As you cannot guarantee what can happen on holiday.
You can read our other travel advice pieces here to make sure you are ready for your next holiday.
Get in touch
The team at Spacifica Travel love to hear your travel stories, see your highlights and relive your holiday with you. Did you know that most people book their next holiday while still on holiday? Crazy huh! Some of us were just made to use up all of our annual leave in sunny destinations.
Get in touch with the Spacifica Travel team here
Photos courtesy of Cook Islands Tourism – Craig Owen, Fiji Tourism & Samoa Tourismcomments powered by Disqus